Environmental prosecutions include such offences as:-
- Disposing of Waste Without a Licence (often associated with fly tipping).
- Failing to comply with the Waste ‘Duty of Care’ (often associated with fly tipping).
- Polluting Controlled Waters
- Failing to hold a permit for an activity or failing to comply with a condition of a permit e.g. landfill sites.
- Failure to comply with requirements associated with producing, transporting and managing hazardous waste.
- Failing to comply with an improvement or prohibition notice or a Court Remedy Order.
- Breaching general duties under the health and safety at work act.
- Breaching health and safety or licensing conditions.
Most people do not appreciate the potential high fines and/or large periods of imprisonment associated with environmental matters. For example, disposing of waste without a site licence can attract an unlimited fine and/or up to 5 years imprisonment if you are dealt with in the Crown Court and a fine of up to £50,000 and/or up to 6 months imprisonment in the Magistrates’ Court.
CALL 01905 724565 NOW FOR HELP